On 10/14/2016 10:04 AM, Randy Turner wrote:
Hello! I've been running into a frustrating issue on and off for the
past year. The project will build the source files correctly but when it
comes to linking the executables, I always get the same error. The
specific file varies, but the failure mode is always the same. For example:

<Linking>
"C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\<six digit temp file>", line
xxx: error #10008-D: cannot find file
"C:/Repos/operatingsystem/CMakeFiles/nvm_validate_ierator.dir/os/nvm/nvm_validate_iterator.c.obj"

As you can see, the file path is missing a "t" in the first occurrence
of the word "iterator" and so that file definitely does not exist. A
file exists in the location with correct spelling, but somehow that
hardcoded path in that temporary file has dropped a letter. The specific
letter that gets dropped varies along with which file is allegedly
missing. We noticed that requiring people to store the repository in
their root directory greatly cut down on the occurrence of this issue
but it is returning with more frequency as of late. Once it occurs once,
CMake builds are never successful again and the only way that I have
been able to completely clear the problem has been to reinstall Windows
and set up the build environment again.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to change the directory
for those linker files so that they're not in the Temp folder?
What generator are you using?  What version of CMake?

-Bill