I opened a project in cmake-gui using the open project button from a
vc 2010 build of a project. The open project opened the project in
Visual Studio 2010. Later I opened the same project but a different
build tree for Visual Studio 2013 CMake-gui had all of the correct
information for the Visual Studio 2013 build but open project tried to
open the Visual Studio 2013 solution in Visual Studio 2010 instead of
the expected Visual Studio 2013. Is there a way to get/force this
feature to reliably use the correct ide?

Thanks,
John