On 11/16/2016 11:36 AM, Mika Fischer wrote:

I get the following error even though I'm on Linux and thus an ELF-based
platform. This breaks all our builds...

`The install of the <target> target requires changing an RPATH from
the build tree, but this is not supported with the Ninja generator unless
on an ELF-based platform.  The CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH variable may
be set to avoid this relinking step.`

Looking at cmGeneratorTarget.cxx#L1214, I see that there's no switch for
ELF-based platforms, it just unconditionally throws a fatal error when
relinking is required and ninja is being used...

Is the error message misleading and this should actually work on Linux?
Or is this not supposed to be working, and we should no longer use
ninja? If so, why?

CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH is not a viable alternative for us...

Did you start with a completely clean build tree? Or did you maybe just remove the CMakeCache.txt file?

-Bill