Every time I create a superbuild using ExternalProject_Add sooner or later a project will not support cmake, but will have buried within its bowels a visual studio solution project .sln and sometimes gobs of .vcxproj files (read CPython). Now ofcourse include_external_msproject can do this. If only these two wonder twins (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Twins) could work together in the same ExternalProject_Add command. Maybe by adding after HG_TAG say VCX_PROJS or some such.

Only thing better would be getting original project maintainer to support CMake.

So feature request: Can we get ExternalProject_Add to support visual studio project files?