Hi,

i’m developing Software for embedded Systems and my applications Need to run on
different target platforms. Until now we are build our Code with make but i’d
like to Switch to cmake. ATM we’re putting our Compiler toolchains in our VCS
to be able to produce the same binarys even after years. Until now, there is
only one toolchain include in a Project as svn-external/git submodule. But i
want to use toolchain-files with cmake.

Now here is my idea and i’d like to know whether this is possible with cmake.
I have my Project root and in this Folder i’d like to have different toolchain
files for different Compilers. I’d like to exclude the Compilers as external.
Now i’d like to build the cmake Cache by calling cmake with the required
toolchain file. Is it now somehow possible, to download the required toolchain
before the Cache is buidl up? If this would be possible, i could dynamicly
choose which toolchain i want to have – would be great for Compiler / unit
Tests as well.

Perhaps someone has a better idea to do this or even i using such a System and
give me a hint?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Oliver