I was just exploring in a command line the CMake Server mode in 3.8 (I have not tried 3.9 yet) just to see what gets output and I was wondering if CMake-Server mode supports "set_property(GLOBAL PROPERTY USE_FOLDERS ON)" for any generator? I was specifically using the "ninja" generator for my experiments. I suspect not since Ninja itself does not have the concept of this but I though I would inquire.

If IDE's that are now relying on CMake-server had this information it would allow the IDE to present the project in such a way that the developers intended or laid out. I know we put a lot of time into our CMake files so that the Visual Studio and Xcode projects are reasonably organized when you open them instead of just listing 250 targets.

Thanks for any insights.

Mike Jackson