Dear all,

we are running a server with CDash v2.4.0-prebuilt (webpage shows 2.5.0 though)
and
can not figure out how to make CDash to show git commit for each build in the
dashboard.

The ctest script ends with:

FILE(STRINGS ${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/Testing/TAG _tag LIMIT_COUNT 1)
SET(_path "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/Testing/${_tag}")

FILE(WRITE ${_path}/Update.xml
"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<Update mode=\"Client\" Generator=\"ctest-${CTEST_VERSION}\">
<Site>${CTEST_SITE}</Site>
<BuildName>${CTEST_BUILD_NAME}</BuildName>
<BuildStamp>${_tag}-${TRACK}</BuildStamp>
<UpdateType>GIT</UpdateType>
<Revision>${_git_rev}</Revision>
<Path>${_git_branch}</Path>
</Update>"
  )

CTEST_SUBMIT(RETURN_VALUE _res)

From visual inspection I see that everything[1] is being picked up correctly in
this file and it’s being created where it should.
As for the CDash project settings, the “Repository” tab has “Repository Viewer
Type” set to “GitHub”, otherwise other fields are empty.
The code is hosted at a private GitHub repository, so we can’t really point
CDash to it, as far as I understand.
Perhaps that’s the reason why we don’t see a “Git” column for each build with
hashes, but I kind of hoped that
it’s possible to display it even if the repository itself is private and so
CDash won’t be able to create meaningful
hyperlinks to each commit.

[1] The only minor issue is that I expected CTEST_VERSION to be defined, but it
is not. So probably one would need to get it
manually.

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Denis.