Hey cmakers,

I use visual studio code with the extension "vscode-cmake-tools" [1]. This extension uses the cmake-server functionality,
Recently, I have encountered the strange error message
[cmake-server] CMake Error: Internal Error with <longPath>/release/.cmserver.18775: EADDRINUSE

where the length of longPath is 101 characters. The same error is also discussed in the issue 197 in [2].

After that, I did two small tests using the cmake server. Starting from the longPath above, I tried

    cmake -E server --experimental --pipe=`pwd`/release/foo
and
    cmake -E server --experimental --pipe=./release/foo

The first test led to the error, whereas the second one worked.

Is there a path length restriction for the cmake server?

And there is an error in the cmake-server manpage. The pipe argument is "--pipe=<named pipe> " instead of "--pipe <named pipe>"

I used cmake version 3.9.5.

Regards,
Andreas

[1] https://github.com/vector-of-bool/vscode-cmake-tools/