Hi list,

it seems that Cuda 9.0 has problems with VS 2017 (5.5 upwards) and requires an
old toolset to be installed for successful compilation (15.4, see
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/11/15/side-by-side-minor-version-msvc-toolsets-in-visual-studio-2017/).
 The new VS 2017 toolset have an incompatible _MSC_VER variable, among other
things.

The link above mentions to manually revert the toolset for a solution, but I
was wondering how CMake-based projects could be configured to automatically
pick the 15.4 toolset (which has version 14.11 instead of 14.12). The CMake
documentation for toolsets is somehow sparse and only mentions toolsets with
name „v141“, which I think would apply for both. Any hints to find out (i) what
toolsets are actually available for a specific compiler or (ii) forcing toolset
14.12 as mentioned above - without manual editing of the vcproj project files?

Thanks,

        Sophonet