On 2/14/19 12:38 PM, Craig Scott wrote:
I think you might be looking for the LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED target property (or more likely its associated CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED variable).

Following with my example, I've added the following line to the file Hello/CMakeLists.txt:

set_target_properties(Hello PROPERTIES LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED true)

However it has no effect. Touching the file Hello/hello.cpp will still cause the "Linking CXX executable helloDemo" step to be performed.

I've also tried adding the same line to the CMakeLists.txt file in the root directory, it also had no effect.

Thank you,

itay