Thanks so much Brad!

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:35 AM Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:

> The `install(DIRECTORY)` approach is the current recommendation.

OK

> Do those directories contain the `.mod` files or are they extra?
> In the latter case, use `install(DIRECTORY)`'s options for excluding
> content by pattern or regex.

They contain the mod files. I didn't ask for a $<config> directory to
be created for me within the CMAKE_Fortran_MODULE_DIRECTORY but it's
there, and all the .mod files are inside it, so `install(DIRECTORY
...)` is incapable (at least in my testing) of fetching them out of
the $<config> subdirectory.

> Set the per-target Fortran_MODULE_DIRECTORY property to keep private
> modules out of the installed directory.

That's the plan.

> We don't have that information at CMake time.  The set of files is
> not discovered until the build, and there is no one place that has
> the full set.

Hmmmm ok, thanks for the info. Fortran, always making tooling hard...

Well thank you SO MUCH once again for the response.

Best,
Zaak