Am 26.06.19 um 15:53 schrieb Torsten Robitzki:
A third issue that I have is, that changes to the CMakeLists.txt files in the
Project are not reflected by the super build. If I make a change to one of the
CMake files under ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/source, I usually have to delete
the whole build folder and start from scratch with the build. Is there an other
way to force the super build to recognize the changes? (Note:
${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/source is not added as subdirectory to the top level
(super build) CMakeLists.txt).

I can't help you with your other issues, but I believe the solution to this problem is to specify "BUILD_ALWAYS TRUE" in your ExternalProject_Add. From the documentation for ExternalProject_Add:

Enabling this option forces the build step to always be run. This can be the easiest way to robustly ensure that the external project’s own build dependencies are evaluated rather than relying on the default success timestamp-based method. This option is not normally needed unless developers are expected to modify something the external project’s build depends on in a way that is not detectable via the step target dependencies (e.g. |SOURCE_DIR| is used without a download method and developers might modify the sources in |SOURCE_DIR|).

--

*Dr. Eric Dönges *
Senior Software Engineer

MVTec Software GmbH | Arnulfstr. 205 | 80634 Munich | Germany
doen...@mvtec.com <mailto:doen...@mvtec.com> | Tel: +49 89 457 695-0 | www.mvtec.com <http://www.mvtec.com>

Sign up <http://www.mvtec.com/newsletter> for our MVTec Newsletter!

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Wolfgang Eckstein, Dr. Olaf Munkelt
Amtsgericht München HRB 114695

MVTec Software GmbH Logo