On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 1:39 AM Marek Vojtko <marek.voj...@oxidegames.com>
wrote:

> I agree that manually keeping track of transitive dependencies is a very
> bad and error-prone idea.
>

> The ideal solution is the separate repositories, but I don’t think that’s
> really feasible.
>

> The multi-root setup would work, but the ugly part of it is requiring an
> “app*_root” directory for each application, which is needed to be able to
> create a solution/makefile with only the application’s dependencies. When
> compiling an app I don’t want to be compiling targets it does not depend
> on, which is what would happen if I were to use the app*_root directory
> directly.

Why would you build targets you don't depend upon in my original proposal?
you certainly *include* them all in your project, but as long as you build
your application target, only it's actual dependencies will be built. Of
course, if you build the "all" target, everything will be built, but that
could easily be avoided with EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL when adding the `components`
subdirectory.😊