On 2019-12-29 12:15+1100 Craig Scott wrote:

This one has sat in my inbox for a long time - sorry I'm only getting to it
now!

No problem, and big thanks for replying late rather than taking the
easier course of replying never.  I haven't yet absorbed all of what
you said, but I am sure your answers will be a big help to my project
to modernize the CMake-base build system for PLplot which was
originally "designed" in 2006 by a team of CMake newbies (including
me).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project

Linux-powered Science