Hi Sue,
I felt the same way . I was diagnosed April 21, 2005. I am on 600mg
Gleevec.  Honestly I was tired for 5-6 months.I was a full time
college student at the time with plenty of homework. I just felt
like going to bed when I got home.  After 6 months or so I started
getting my energy back. Someone in this group gave me the best
advice. It was to keep moving. Go for a short walk if possible. The
exercise at first seemed like a bad idea- after all I was already
tired !  but it helped. I started taking my dog for a short walk.
If nothing else my little dog was happy. I have been working full
time now since November.
   I know that for me the exhaustion was my body adjusting to the
Gleevec and part of it was my mind.  It is a real shock being
diagnosed with CML. It takes a while to wrap your mind around the
whole situation and the implications. I don't try to "do it all"
anymore. I have made more time to relax in my schedule.
   This is a great group of people with alot of experience,
compassion and advice.Use the group for answers when you need them.
Best Wishes,
Cynthia

 --- In CML@yahoogroups.com, sue titus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I was diagonsoed in Oct. of 05 and always worked full time and
was quite active.  I am finding that I now have NO energy on 400 mg
of Gleevec.  Is this what most of you experience?  I can't seem to
get through a full work day without collapsing when I get home.  I
don't think I can manage the full time job anymore and it is quite
discouraging.
>   Sue T.
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

New! Sign up for local CML support group meetings in your local community at
http://cml.meetup.com

Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of
hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and
commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Support List)
Change To No Mail/Web: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CML Group Web Site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CML