Hi,

First, Advil is a no no with Gleevec especially he is taking so much Advil.  Alleve is what i was told (this was told by MD ANderson).  Warm baths, warm compresses helps alittle.  How long has Terry been on 800mg? That is what i am on and the first 3 months it was bad, it does get better.  Walking and light excercise also helps.

Take care
Penny

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Howdy!!  Terry is experiencing tremendous "body" pain all over ......his Gleevec was raised to 800mg per day.  The nausea is also extremely hard for him to deal with....he is already overweight & having to fight off the nausea is causing him to eat even more, so that is a concern.

I have had him take as much as 800mg of Advil (Ibuprofen) at a time to deal with the pain. However, it only dulls it, not make it disappear.  In addition, during the night, he often cries out in pain, especially if he is trying to turn over, etc.  Needless to say that I am not sleeping well either.

I am looking for suggestions for pain relief.  Our oncologist is hesitant to suggest anything else...first of all, constant use of Advil is irritating to the stomach.  Also, since hubby is a school bus driver, pain relief meds will be limited to what he can take during the daytime hours....and also how late in the evening he can take it, so that the med will wear off before 6am when he begins his route

I am most concerned because he is going for a sleep study tomorrow night & with his constant pain, I worry that his test results will be tainted due to the pain.  He takes his work physical on Thur & will have to still have our oncologist & also family physician to sign off because the occupational doc will fail Terry as he did last year due to the leukemia.

thanks for any suggestions

Lora

Yahoo! Photos

New! Sign up for local CML support group meetings in your local community at http://cml.meetup.com

Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Support List)