Hi - I read your message on the CML Hope Group Web Board site - I can't
believe how much you have to pay for your Gleevec - that co-pay is
quite astronomical.  Within the last year, I learned about the Leukemia
Society (through searching on the internet), and what they will help
pay for.  I have to travel back and forth to Mayo Clinic in Rochester
every six months, and they help pay for my travel expenses, plus they
pay for my co-pay on my Gleevec, which isn't much, as I worked for the
state of Michigan and I do have really good insurance.  But, now that I
am retired, every little bit helps.  They have a $500 maximum on
expenses that they will pay a year - Please, please call this woman at
this number at the Leukemia Society.  Her name is Carleen Hubbell - her
phone number is 866-263-2805.  She is very helpful - she will send you
the necessary paperwork to fill out, and you take them with you to your
doctor's (if you are applying also for transportation help) for them to
sign.  Also, you need original receipts for things like your Gleevec,
parking expenses, etc. etc.  But, she will be able to explain more of
what is covered.  Please let me know what she says.  Good luck to you.

Mary E. Baril