Dear Sandy---My cml dx was March '00. I was 57 & am now 62.
I had what they call a 'mini-transplant': no radiation &
less toxic chemo. I think the current practice still is to
not radiate on patients 50 & over because of the increased
mortality rate.

My transplant in June '00 went well. But it only reduced the
# of leukemic cells--from 100% to 20%. By Nov. '00 I went on
Gleevec because my brother's cells reached only 30%. Even
though my transplant didn't achieve remission, I'm not sorry
that I had it. They get better & better at doing this stuff.

I agree with everyone else about researching. You've got
time to do it & more information makes you feel better. It's
all scary but the anxiety level might go down a notch.

Please write me if you would like to talk with me & I'll
give you my phone #.

Best regards

Ruth Marcon   [EMAIL PROTECTED]