Hi:

I would like to address this to all of you who are in a position to make a donation to the Leukemia Society in the name of Dr. Charles A. Koller, who is planning once again to participate in this year's bicycle relay with the Houston Police Department.  Fred and I have just made a contribution to Dr. Koller's relay, as well as to Dr. Mauro's fundraiser for the Leukemia Society.  We were happy to do so, as these contributions will help us all in promoting research to achieve an eventual cure for leukemia.

I wanted you all to know that Dr. Charles A. Koller, my M. D. Anderson Cancer Center doctor, is once again planning on participating in this year's 25th Annual Bicycle Relay with the Houston Police Department Bicycle Relay Team.  Dr. Koller has participated in several of the bicycle relay trips in the past, though unfortunately had to sit out one year when he suffered the removal of a cancerous kidney.  He is now happy to be back to normal with his health and is therefore once again donating his time and efforts to the cause of eliminating the scourge of leukemia.  This year's relay will be for 3000 miles, from Houston, Texas, to the final destination of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.  The relay team will be leaving Houston, Texas, on Tuesday, June 20, 2006, and will arrive in Victoria, British Columbia, on July 1, 2006.

Dr. Koller states:  "I am proud to say, my patient, John Morton, a survivor of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia, will be joining the team.  John's form of AML, had a median survival of only 4 weeks five years ago, and now most of the patients are cured.  He is a living example of the benefit of clinical research in the quest for the cure of leukemia!"

Participants in this efforts use their own vacation time for the fund-raising event.  Dr. Koller's blog from last year's relay which raised $235,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society can still be seen at http://www.mdanderson.org/featured_sites/hpdrelay.

So we would like to invite all of you who are able to contribute, to send a check for whatever amount you wish to donate, made out to "The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society" and mail it to Dr. Charles A. Koller, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center--Box 428, 1515 Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX 77030-4009.

Thank you all so much for your generosity.

Margot