Hi Rosie,

Like it has been said, welcome to the group that  no one wants to join.
 As my doctor said when I was diagnosed 2-13-02, you have won the
lottery.  Problem is this is not the lottery you wanted to win.

I have that somewhat  of a strange twist, I too work for a company that
makes Radiation Treatment Planning systems but none of the software we
create deals with blood disorders.   However I did find that I have
many resorces available to me through my company because of what we do.
 So keep that in mind.  At the very least your co-workers will be able
ot point you in the right direction.

As said before, you are now part of (unfortunately) a group that have
more knowledge than we ever wanted to know,  so ask your question
because I am sure that someone here will at least know where to send
you to get more information.  This sight for sure can help you if you
have any side effects.

How much Gleevec we you started on?  I was dx on 2-13-02,  started
400mg gleevec on 3-11-02,  went to 600mg 10-15-04 and joined the zero
club (973 I think) 4-15-05 ( 5 days before my 45 bday).

Good luck and remember we are all here for each other and together we
will all get through this!

John