Thanks Mike, We just don't want to do any thing unnecessary,because with any insurance company ,there is a limit to how much they will pay.Randy is 55,if he has to stay on 800mg for the rest of his life that is a lot of money.We just got his Gleevec today.We have BCBS,we only pay 35.00 a month.It cost 6,368.We did try to get a three months supply,no go they wouldn't let us do that.BCBS) Sandy

mburwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mayo ought to be pretty good, although I have not heard anything
specific to CML from there. You might look into having the test
analyses done at Mayo since it is likely to have superior equipment and
staff training. As I said before, it is easy to ship blood, and, even
if the blood is 2-3 days old, the quality is still good enough for the
tests.

Randy should look into how far you can push your insurance company.
Fortunately for me, I was not DX until after I was eligible for
Medicare. Medicare and my Blue Cross Medicare supplement pay for
everything in full. I also have a drug policy. 90 days worth of
Gleevec at 600mg/day costs me $30. Before I went on Medicare, I had a
private policy as a self-employed person. It cost a fortune and paid
for little. I empathize with anyone in that position. I've come to
believe strongly that the US health care system is unfair.