Katy & others:
Well, I'm feeling some better today.  I have decided that it's
definitly the Gleevec.....not a flu bug or virus.  And, for the record,
Katy, I believe the first dr. I had prescribed the drug you mentioned.
I'm not sure, but I remember it beginning with a P.  His idea was for
me to take the full dose of Gleevec along with this drug at night and
go to bed and sleep.   Needless to say,  that didn't work for me, so I
think I finally threw the drug away. :>)   I found that breaking up the
400mg. and taking it in two dosages with a snack was working fine.
This just came back on all of a sudden and I feel as though I am back
to square one.  And, Mary K., I did remember the yogurt,  and picked me
up some while out just now. I kind of like the Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
from MickyD's. :>)
Thanx everybody for your suggestions.  I see my dr. again a week from
this Monday. I'm sure we'll have this discussion again about the side
effects.  I just don't want to take another prescription drug if I can
keep from it........changing insurances in couple of months and my
co-pay will go up to $50 for each unless it's a Generic.   Right now,
with just the Gleevec, I can handle $50 a month,  not sure I want to
try to add any more per month.  Even though my hubby & I aren't
starving........we still live on a monthly budget and that extra money
would have to be found somewhere in the budget. :>)

Keep Looking Up,
Suzieq