Susan:

I was diagnosed (1/08/2003) at 31.2 (which is not very high).  I
needed to tritrate off another medication not related to CML so I
could begin Gleevec.  Dr. Druker said that he did not want me to go
past April 15th.  He must have known what he was talking about because
on April 10th (when I began the Gleevec) the count had already risen
to 76,000.

I am his only super unusual patient out of 500!!!!

Hugs,
Susan