  From: livia klescova
  To: CMLHope@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 10:25 PM
  Subject: [CMLHope] Re: Thyroid problems

  Hi Susan, I hope everything will go well.  I hope it is caused by taking too
much "lithium". I will ask my doc to check this for me.  I am going to see him
soon.  Thanks for an advice.

  Livia

  loewen1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

    Last week I had extra blood work done to measure my lithium level which I
also take.  My psychiatrist called today after receiving the lab results and
said I needed to see an endocrinologist right away because my thyroid numbers
were off the chart.  Well, after I got the appointment for next week, of course
I started looking up thyroid on the web.  Big mistake.  About a jillion things
can go wrong with it from cancer to medication interaction to who knows?  I
walked away from the internet and am putting this out of my mind until I get
some kind of answers that make sense.  It was just a shock after being in such
good shape with Sprycel for less than a year.  It does answer why I have to
take naps and I'm more tired than I used to be.  I guess one reason I'm writing
this is not just for a little support which comes just by writing it and
knowing there are people there who care.  But, also perhaps it would be good to
ask your onc if you should have your thyroid checked.

    Susan L

    Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.