Dear Roger:
I am sorry for just now getting back to you as I've been sort of laid
up for past three days with lower back pain & not doing a whole lot
but laying around & reading.  Felt much better this morning, so I am
now trying to play "catch up" with everything.

As for the "fogged mind" or "Gleevec fog" we've named it......it is
definitly a "memory loss".  I didn't know what was going on with me
the first six months after beginning Gleevec until I read about it
happening to others when I got involved with our support group here.
I noticed it a lot during conversations with people and my mind would
just go terribly blank during mid-conversation as I searched for the
word I wanted to say.  And sometimes I would totally forget what we
were discussing all together & have to ask the person.  Was getting
rather embarrassing until I finally found out what was happening.  I
also had trouble remembering people's names (am still having that
problem).   I was afraid I was in the beginning stages of Alzhymers or
something like that.......as it happend so frequently.  Was glad to
finally put a cause to what was happening and now I can deal with it.
I think it is compounded by also being menapausal and getting close to
54 yrs. old as well. (smile)  Sometimes my mind is so bad,  I catch
myself going from one room to the next, & I stop in the hall way and
think "what was it that I'm coming to this room for?" (smile)  I have
definitly started writing things down more,  especially appointments
as soon as it's given to me.  Course, I've noticed that I can remember
other things so clearly at times......it's just rediculous.  So,  just
don't feel bad about it.....at least now you know you have something
to blame it on. (smile)

Keep Looking Up,
Suzieq