Hi and blessing to all,
I have a question about platelets going up while on gleevec.
My blood counts stayed in the normal range for a long time and then in the
last few months,
have been going up and down.
My WBC has gone up also but still in the normal range.
I am taking 400 mgs of Gleevec daily and have been for 3 1/2 years  now.
My last platelet count was 745 out of range and RDW 14.7(normal for me) MPV
11.1
My WBC was 10.4 high normal.
My Baso was 3.0 H a little high.
It had  a note saying occasional large platelets noted.
My platelets have been this high before and came down again but never to  the
250 range that I was having.
I have been suffering from a heel inflamation and I know that this can  cause
you platelets to rise.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
My onc has ordered a FISH and will get the results soon.
Here's the rest of the test results.
RBC 4.59
HGB 13.6
HCT 41.1