Congratulations to your wife on her 10 years with CML........I have
had two different places of "itch" while being on Gleevec. The first
one was a small place on the left side of the neck right under my
chin.....there was a slight redness there about an inch wide and maybe
two inches long that would slightly itch and almost took on the look
of a burn that was healing. The nurse practitioner I saw when I went
for my CML check-up didn't think it had anything to do with the
Gleevec (but I did).  It went away & now I have this "itch" of the
skin right around the waistline of a bikini (if I wore one, smile) on
my right side.....but no redness or rash....just an itch.  I use some
Cortizone cream or Gold Bond powder and that seems to help.  The itch
isn't constand, but worrisome at times.  I forgot this, after I began
taking Gleevec four years ago, I did have a very mild rash & light
itch on the upper chest area right below the neck line or collar of
shirts.  It finally went away within three or four months. I'm
thankful to say that I never had any of the ugly rashes that some
people did get from Gleevec or any of the eye problems I read about
here in our support group.

I hope this helps your wife......

God Bless,
Suzieq