Hi everyone- I attended a CML Patient Retreat in
Calgary last weekend put on by the CML Society of
Canada.  What a jam packed weekend full of meeting
fellow CML'ers (whom I didn't know existed in
Calgary).
We saw an extremely informative and educational video
prepared and presented by the Association, followed by
a question and answer period.
A local CML Doctor was present to answer our questions
in a very relaxed setting.  No one felt intimidated
and felt free to ask whatever was on their mind
regarding CML.
What was most amazing was the dinner on Friday night
where all these strangers just sat and chatted for
over three hours - there were absolutely no quiet
moments where we were lost for something to say.

I would encourage you to attend the Retreat in
Toronto, this coming weekend.  I copied and pasted the
information for you so if it's not lined up perfectly,
it's my fault.

If I could, I'd fly to Toronto just to take part in
this Retreat as I found it so beneficial and fun.

ATTENTION Fellow CMLers
CML PATIENT RETREAT

The CML Society is inviting patients with CML to join
us at a special event where we will be providing
general information regarding CML and its monitoring.
Following a presentation and a discussion, wellness
exercises will be offered to help CML sufferers better
manage their day-to-day lives dealing with CML.

When:                      Toronto, Ontario, November
29th and 30th
                                  Marriott Courtyard

The event schedule is as follows:

Friday or Saturday evening         6:00 pm      Welcome Dinner
Sunday all day                 8:30 am  Continental
Breakfast
                                       9:00 am     Presentation – CML –
Past, Present and Future
                                       PCR Video
                                       Q&A Period with, Dr. J. Lipton (Toronto))
                                      11:00 am  Workshop
                                      12:00 pm  Lunch
                                       1:00 pm  Group Discussion
                                       2:30 pm  Light Snack
                                        2:45 pm
Wellness Activities
                                       6:30 pm  Next Steps, Close

The CML Society invites you to stay overnight at the
Marriott Hotel, if needed, at its expense.

There are no charges associated with this event.
However, you must be registered to participate and you
must agree to join in both the Saturday and the Sunday
activities.

TO REGISTER:    Call Fifth Element (the event management
group);
                         1 866 487 7060 extension 209
                        Speak with Debra to get more information and/or to
register.

OR                      Go to The CML Society website: www.cmlsociety.org
for more information

OR                      Call the CML Society: 1-866-912-7575 or
Cell:1-514-239-5488

Hugs,
Judy P. in Calgary

Hugs,