Hi Jody and yes I had to do this when I first started  Gleevec.
Your blood will go up and down for a while, but then mine  finally got into
line.
Gleevec quit working for me after 5 years and i was put on  Tasigna.
I had the same thing happen with my blood again and had to  have 2
transfusions.  I never wanted transfusions, but someone told me not  to worry
about them
and if my doctor ordered them to go ahead and do  them.
I did, and now my blood is finally back to normal after 5  months on
Tasigna.
Don't be discouraged and do what you onc tells you  to.
.Learn all you can about CML and don't be  afraid to ask for help.
Blessings and good luck,
Jeanie<3
In a message dated 3/13/2009 1:56:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,