My psa was normal   Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: CMLHope@googlegroups.com [mailto:cmlh...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of perk
Sent: May-21-09 11:15 AM
To: CMLHope
Subject: [CMLHope] CML and elevated PSA?

My urologist recently said he has noticed an elevation in PSA count in his
patients who were in treatment for CML or CLL, even though the prostate is
supposedly the only organ which generates the PSA enzime.
It does not mean there is cancer of the prostate. My oncologist said once
your are malignant in one area, you may become so in other areas.
Has anyone else (men) seen an elevation of PSA levels since CML treatment? I
take Gleevec and it controls my WBC very well with a few side effects.

07:09:00