Hello CML Survivors:

USA-Today article in the Health section caught my attention
today......was awesome.  Dr. Druker,  a Nicholas Lydon, formerly with
Novartis pharmaceuticals, & a Charles Sawyers of Memorial Sloan-
Kettering Cancer Center (scientists) are all receiving this award for
their discovery of Gleevec.......

This award has been given since 1945 and is to recognize the
contributions of scientists, physicians, & public servants
internationally working to cure, treat, & prevent disease.  The
article reads:

Druker and Lydon discovered a drug that treats chronic myeloid
leukemia by targeting a cancer-causing molecule, and killing abnormal
cells while leaving healthy cells alone.  Sawyers then found a way to
stop the resistance to the drug that arises in some patients.
Approved in 2001, Gleevec turned this type of leukemia from a fatal
cancer to a manageable condition and is changing the way other forms
of cancer are being attacked in the lab.
AMEN  & HALLELUJAH!

These men deserve the recognition & more as far as I am concerned!

Keep looking up,
Suzieq