I've had tinnitus for years; developed it after taking tetracycline too
long.  I learned to manage it by going to a hypnotherapist.  We
approached the tinnitus as if it were pain I needed to deal with: it took
about six sessions before I was able to set it aside and ignore it.  These
days, I "note with interest" when the tinnitus is unusually loud: then I
ignore it even more profoundly and eventually it appears to me that the
sound abates.
VReiter