Great News,
Keep on keeping on.
Jeanie<3

In a message dated 3/20/2011 10:19:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
maggy...@bellsouth.net writes:

I've been off Gleevac for about 1.5 years now, due to eye  bleeds.   My
Philadelphia Chromosone indicator (level) was/is 0.07  up from 6 months ago
when it was 0.012.  In a month they will recheck and  then decide if I need to
be on anything.

____________________________________
 From: Victoria Reiter  <vkrei...@gmail.com>
To: CMLHope@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:29:56  AM
Subject: [CMLHope] Eye  bleeds

I've been on Gleevec for eleven years and began to have  occasional eye
bleeds about six years ago.  This lasted for a short time  and then stopped.
Now I'll have perhaps one eye bleed a year and count  myself lucky.  I was
unaware that a few people were having bleeding in  the brain and am not
certain if this is from Gleevec or from Tasigna.   It's unspoken but true that
everyone who takes a new medication is a test  subject and that every side
effect that can occur does not necessarily show up  while a drug is in first
and
second stage testing.  But we have to give  kudos to Dr. Druker for having
more or less solved our problem by  attempting to block the molecular
expression of it.  His approach is  being used on other cancers: I believe
there's
even a new melanoma drug that  uses the same technique.
A support group of  http://cmlhope.com

A support group of _http://cmlhope.com_ (http://cmlhope.com/)