**Be your own advocate. **Be part of a cml community.
**Find a cml expert, even for consultations.

**Lab should use international scale.
**Need more people in trials. Thinks drs. must do a better
job educating people about trials.

**Risk for relapse, toxicity or failure to achieve ccr is in
the 1st 3 yrs. of taking a cml drug.
**Fit the drug to the patient. All drugs are options. In the
1st 3-4 years want the drug that brings effects sooner.
**Do not miss more that 3 doses per month.
**Split dosages have not been tested & therefore are not
recommended.
**Over time, they are seeing less relapse & shift out of
chronic phase.
**Drs. are not ready to take people with long-term remission
off gleevec as protocol.

**Ponatinib: Ariad trial now in phase 2. Showing promising
results in cml patients who lost their response or failed
2-3 drugs.

**QT prolongation---my note here is incomplete because I
didn't write down what QT stands for. Will probably feel
really dumb when one of you says what it means.

Mauro ended his presentation with a quote by Oscar Wilde: "I
have the simplest of tastes. I am always satisfied with the
best."

I think I covered his bases. These drs. are amazing. Lucky
for us.

Ruth Marcon