Carol - Imatinib/Gleevec is not available in generic form from
Canada.
I have seen ads for so-called "Canadian" pharmacies claiming to sell
generic Gleevec but would not trust my personal health to them.
The National CML Society offers assistance in dealing with insurance
and co-pay issues and would be able to help you further.
http://www.nationalcmlsociety.org/

Good luck to you and your husband,
Pat Elliott
Phoenix, Arizona