Parson,
I have avoided having my Tasigna delivered mainly due to apparent changes in
UPS' practices. Just ordering things from places like Amazon my experience with
UPS has been one I wouldn't trust with my medication. They recently have done
things like leave my packages on my door step. Doesn't sound too bad. But I
live on a city street corner with sidewalk foot traffic about 3 feet from my
front door with no obstructions. I tried having my shipments marked, "DO NOT
LEAVE ON DOORSTEP". I was home, heard the truck stop and then leave only to go
downstairs and find my parcel sitting in front of my house. They didn't even
bother to ring the doorbell.
If I had to do it. I would use the post office. At least the post office and
its pick-up window is only 15 blocks away, not 40 miles like the UPS truck
depot I've had to drive to several times over the 17 or so years I've lived
here. (They also have left my parcel with the new neighbors I had never met @
1023 xxx when I left a note it was OK to leave it across the street @ 1020 xxx
with my friends of almost 20 years. At least the new neighbors turned out to be
nice people!)
Just my 2 cents.
Also I don't know if it's relevant to your insurer, but if I want Walgreen's to
fill my Tasigna only their specialty pharmacy somewhere in rural Pennsylvania
is authorized by my insurer. If I use Kroger (Frys, Fred Meyer, etc around the
country) I can fill it locally. You might ask if the specialty pharmacy is your
only penalty-free option.
Patrick