Dear All,

My son was Dx'ed in March 2005 and since then he is on Gleevec . He is
is 15 yrs old now and taking Gleevec 500mg/400mg alternatly for the
last 3 years. To start with with he was taking Gleevec 400mg. His
BCR/ABL results are -ve for the last three years. Our concern is
related to his hight which may be a side effect Gleevecas informed by
his oncoloigist .His current height is 145cm and wt is 48kgs.

As per Endocronologist the growth Harmones are defficient but due to
CML and they cannot externally inject Growth Harmones.

If anyone can share the experince similar to this and possible way to
overcome this side effect so that my son can overcome this and regain
his normal height while on Gleevec.

Hugs!!!

Anil Nagpal

On 2/22/12, Skip Duffie <skipd_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It appears (I'm guilty as well) that we all have run out of questions.   I
> have not seen
> any questions for me to answer, I just have my own health. I have been on
> all the new drugs I call the nibs such as Dasitinib, Nilotinib,( Gleevec
> )Imatinib plus a few others which most would not know about.  I feel pretty
> darned good, so if anyone wishes I would try to answer questions from anyone
> but I must admit there are many others who have more knowledge about CML
> than I do.
>

> SkipD dx'ed 35 years ago

Regards

Anil Nagpal