From: icandoall...@aol.com <icandoall...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] after 11 years...managing the pain ?
To: cmlhope@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 4:45 PM

Hi Patrick and thanks a lot.  Yes, the reason I didn't take any of the
hydrocodone pills was the tylenol factor.  We looked down the list of pain
killers and Tramadol was the only one free from both the other pain
killers.  It actually works really well for the pain but I think it keeps
me from sleeping.
It's funny about pain killers.  The cops in my area spend more time
shutting down pain clinics that they do looking for criminals.  They arrest
the doctors and the patients that are waiting to their pain meds.  As for
that herniated disc, he probably needed morphine.  That's some painful
stuff he's going through.  The only time they want to   give you
the good stuff is when you are dying and are put in hospice hehe.
Have you seen the movie Two Weeks?  Great movie with Sally Fields
about Hospice.
Thanks again,
Jeanie<3

Why
is this medication prescribed?
Tramadol
is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol
extended-release
tablets are only used by people who are expected to need medication to relieve
pain around-the-clock for a long time. Tramadol is in a class of medications
called opiate agonists. It works by changing the way the body senses pain.
There
is a form of this medicine that contains tylenol called Ultracet (containing
Acetaminophen and
Tramadol)