And hi right back at you. You didn't leave your actual name so I don't know
who to address this to.

All of what your now going through is what initially happens when your
first diagnosed with CML and then put onto a TKI which Gleevec is one of.
Some of the symptoms that you are experiencing may get much better as your
body acclimates to the Gleevec, and some may just linger but in time you
will adjust to most of these side effects. Don't be afraid if your doctor
decides to switch you to another TKI because some are actually better then
some others depending on your body.

I'm just wondering why your doctor only put you on hydroxyurea initially
and not Allopurinal as well. This drug helps get rid of any access uric
acid thus avoiding any symptoms of the gout.

Now just to let you know I had CML almost 23 years ago and have never been
on any of these TKI's because none were around at the time. I had to get a
bone marrow transplant. If any of these drugs would have been around then I
would have probably opted for them rather then the transplant.

Just because you have CML it shouldn't stop you from living your life. When
you get used to having all of these side effects, and I will tell you that
they will get better because of all that I have heard from people that are
on them. Some have actually gone into PCRU and are not taking them anymore.
PCRU is when they can not detect any more CML cells in your body. This may
happen to some people on these TKI's

So, mystery person, you just keep going on with your life because CML will
probably not kill you. However I do suggest that you stay clear of speeding
buses, they just may.

Whenever I write something I always end it with two numbers... 18 which is
a symbol for life.

18's to you "mystery person"

Marty