From: Marty Gartenberg <wa2...@gmail.com>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 6:35 pm
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Skip Duffie to beth and all Sprycel and new drug

Skip, your like the rock of Gibralter!

18's

Marty

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Skip Duffie <skipd_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

   .Hello all
thanks for including me in your email.  I was on sprycel and after while I had
to have my chest drained.

over a two month period I had to have 8.5 lts of fluid removed.  So they had to
take me off sprycel.
I understand a lot of people who are on it have great results.  It was the same
for Imatinib, and Nilotinib.
but on the good side I am on nothing now.  My platelets yesterday were 13 and I
received a bag.
As it stands I receive 1 unit of RBC once week and twice weekly I receive a bag
of Platelets.
on the plus side my life is great. I have no problems, It takes me a few hours
at the hospital twice weekly, where I am looked after like a rock star.  I am
spoiled.  I just have to be careful not to play football
or bang my head.  I do have to be careful around my grandson he is a 3 year old
wrecking crew.
I wish you a wonderful life even with CML.  In my case I did not think I would
live beyond 1978
so I was warned, For those who do not know I was put on Myleran way back and
was on it
every year for about two three months, my counts would drop and slowly go up
until I needed
to be put back on Myleran (Bulsufan)
Skip Duffie

thanks Jeannie,
I am on sprycel again as mentioned..at 50 - 60 a day. In PCRU for the first
time in 3 years. Toxicity has been cpk elevated to 400...so muscles are
constantly wasting and that makes me a kind of muscular tired different than
other TKI's, eyebrows lost, hair loss, skin terribly dry, slightly more
elevated liver enzymes but still in normal range. The biggest challenge is pain
in the body with the elevated cpk. I have tried tramadol, but it goes through
the liver and Tasigna gave my liver such a hard time, that I am protective of
it, even though my liver numbers are fine.Regarding your question,  In the
fall, I started to feel worse and worse, could hardly get up and move, at 40 of
sprycel..I had been on it for 2 years...minus a couple of holidays for
surgeries....I had to go off everything....echo cardiogram showed the start of
a possible developing problem....in left ventricle...I went of Sprycel for 7
weeks, went on bosutinif for 7 weeks, then back on sprycel four days later
after blood work showed bosutinif did not work for me..I also had another echo
cardiogram and it was fine, so it resolved off of the meds for a couple of
months....I was on a low dose becuase that was all that could be tolerated by
my body...50 of sprycel did not put me in remission, but 70 for one month,and
60 for two months. did..so I know how much I need to take for complete
remission,, it's just if my body will allow me to. I have eye swelling, and
calve swelling that I did not have on 40-50 that I have with 60-70 a
day...so...I will be dosing down...and not worry about CMM, be happy if I stay
in MMR and live well with less toxicity...most people never have the elevated
cpk, or muscle issues, fatigue yes, but not this..so try not to worry, I am an
odd bird when it comes to drug sensitivity......
have many issues others don't. Just the luck of the draw...I do most of the
things you suggest already,bu trwill try castor oil and see if that
helps..thanks so much for your note, be well Jeannie, Beth