Theresa....I haven't gone through it, but I think you have a strong  case.
Press on!  Tom in KY

In a message dated 7/30/2013 9:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terrijef...@aol.com writes:

Hello,

I was diagnosed in May of 2000. Started on interferon and arac. Moved on
to experimental drugs, Gleevec, Sprycel, Tasigna. in and out of remission
until 2011. Everything quit working and I had to go with transplant at Johns
Hopkins. They were terrific. I was put on disability. So now I am two years
out and just became eligible for Medicare on June 1. I called to get drug
coverage and they calculated the cost. Two days later I received a cessation
 of benefits, stating cml is in remission. I should be able to get a
sedentary  stress free job.

In the meantime starting Feb, I developed headaches and high blood
pressure. Creatinine went up. I was referred to a nephrologist with a gfr of
40%.
I had a kidney biopsy showing glomulersclerosis. 65% of my kidneys are  dead
and dried up, this damage as I understand is irreversible. Since then I
have dropped twice to 11%  gfr and currently am at 21% which puts me at  stage
4 chronic kidney disease. Severe function loss.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm looking at poss transplant which  they
don't even know if I qualify as I am only 2 yrs remission from cml. I
still take 800 mg tasigna daily to prevent it from coming back. So my other
option is to prepare for dialysis. I am only 45 yrs old.

Had to hire a lawyer to help with ssd, no guarantees he says. Just a lot
to deal with all of a sudden. Would love to speak with someone who has gone
through this or knows of anyone.

Thanks,
Theresa Migut
Johnstown, Pa
A support group of _http://cmlhope.com_ (http://cmlhope.com/)
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails  from it, send an
email to cmlhope+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more  options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.