Hi Jeanie,

So sorry that it has taken me this long to respond to you.  I have been
dealing with other cancer diagnoses beside CML...like CML wouldn't be
enough, HA!

However, when you mentioned pain in your side, you didn't say which side.
I had pain in the right side until they removed my gall bladder, it seems
that while I had gall stones, they were happy gall stones until Gleevec
inflamed my gall bladder.  I have had pain in my left side since the
beginning of my diagnosis in 2010.  Turns out it is my spleen, that is
slightly enlarged.  It was not enlarged enough that anyone would have
thought it should have caused pain, but in my case even a slight
enlargement presses on nerves around the bottom of my diaphragm causing
anything from mild to acute pain.  Not a GI problem at all.  If you pain is
left side, could be you have the same problem, I know I got patted on the
knee and told it was not my spleen for the longest...they like to cookie
cutter all of us and treat our symptoms and dosing like one size should be
the same for all.

Don't know yet if the Tasi is working.  My last PCR was up from .05 to
.14.  I had been off of Sprycel for several weeks when we got the .05 and
only on Tasi for three weeks when we got the .14 this month.  The next
couple months should tell.  I hope this low dose is going to do it, so far
this is the easiest of all the TKI.  Seems with the latest diagnosis, CML
may be the least of my problems, but it would be nice to catch a break.

I am wishing you and everyone, whatever you believe and where ever you hang
your star of faith, the brightest and most blessed holiday and miracles in
the coming year.

Fight on, and holiday hugs!  peg