Dear Robert, at first I was perplexed by your question "
*Is the high cost of CML care "worth it"?" Then I read your post to the
bottom.*
*I'm sure you know no matter how much money is spent on keeping us alive is
a good investment. Twenty six years I was "an experiment" having a bone
marrow transplant which was very costly, but I survived.*
*Now I recently had a kidney transplant three months ago) because way back
when I had the BMT all of the radiation and chemo started to destroy my
kidneys, which took many years to put me into complete kidney failure.*
*Now I must take dozens of pills each and every day for the rest of my
life. One of these pills cost me more then $900 every two weeks. Since I am
now in the drug "donut hole" I must bare the cost out of pocket. However in
another 5 or 6 months I will no longer require them (hopefully) This drug
is for not letting me get the CMV virus, and I am at high risk for
acquiring CMV because although I was CMV free and my donor was CMV (*
*Cytomegalovirus)** positive. *
*So between my both transplants I have gone through a lot of out of pocket
money, but I am still alive and simply living my life. Was it all worth it?
You bet it was!*
*When ever I end a post I will put in two numbers at the end 1 and 8 which
symbolizes life*

*18's*

*Marty*