From: Suzieq <sheila.a.wat...@gmail.com>
To: CMLHope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Nov 27, 2016 7:17 pm
Subject: [CMLHope] Got a brand new Hip!

Hello to my CML Survivors!

Hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving.  I know it's been a while since I
posted anything,  but I haven't been on line very much for a few weeks.  I come
today to let y'all know that I had to have a total hip replacement of my left
hip which was done on October 20th and was in the hospital (St.Louis) for 5
days till they moved me to a hospital closer to our home for almost 2 weeks of
Rehab.  I have one more week of restrictions left and then I'm home-free!
Yea!!!  This has been about the worst (I should say the longest) recovery from
surgery that I have ever faced.  I am not a patient person,  but I have obeyed
& not being doing the things I was told not to do.  The reason for the
replacement,  it was bone on bone (the two weeks leading up to surgery were the
most painful I have ever experienced).  I had a major case of Arthritis
according to the Orth. Surgeon of which he cleaned out as best he could while
in there.  He did say that I would probably have to have the other one replaced
later on down the road (of which I thought to myself,  it will have to be a
long time down the road as far as I am concerned, lol),  but it's not bothering
me for now so we will leave it alone.  He was very surprised that I have such a
case of Osteo Arthritis as my age (63).  Seems the left side has been the
worse.  Not only was it in the hip,  but it's in the left Sacroiliac Joint just
as bad.  The right side has a bit,  just not as bad.  He made me go off the
Gleevec for 30 days starting 7 days prior to the operation.  That long wasn't
mentioned in the beginning,  I thought it was going to only be 15 days,  but he
said to stay off of it for the full 30 days.  I am hoping all will be well when
I see my Hem/Onc on the 19th.....sure hate to lose my "non-detected",  but even
so,  shouldn't take too long before it's back to 0.

Oh,  and one more thing..........I had my surgery on Thursday and my Mom passed
away Saturday night at 11:15 (Florida time).  Needless to say,  no way was I
able to travel the 1025 miles (one way) to be with my oldest brother and for
the funeral.  I still grieve for her.  I am now very thankful that I had last
spring with her when I went down to care for her once she came out of the
hospital.  Got to spend 2 & 1/2 months as her total caregiver until we placed
her back in the rehab/residential home where she wanted to go.  She knew I was
going in for surgery and she knew it went well.  I told my husband I feel she
planned her death perfectly cause she knew I would put off the surgery no
matter how bad my pain was and come down there to be with her. She never wanted
to be a "burden" to us and she always was worrying about me with the CML even
though I told her that I was just fine,  that it was not a problem, that the
Gleevec was doing it's job and all was well.  Since I wasn't able to be there,
I told my brother that maybe we could maybe have a special Memorial Service for
her back in the hometown in Kentucky where most of the family still lives later
sometime after the 1st of the year.  Everyone seemed to be okay with that.

Okay,  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas & the Happiest New Year!

Suzieq