From: 'Jeanie' via CMLHope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Apr 5, 2018 6:48 am
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Beth muscle issues

Thank you so much and sorry for waiting so long to answer.
As you know I have been suffering with pain under my right rib for years now.
In 2009 I was switched from gleevec to tasing a. The pain under my rib
increased and my onc At that time gave me tramadol. It seemed to help for a
while. The. I went out of remission and had to be hospitalized while they
cleansed my blood. I kept asking my onc to put me on spyrcel but he wasn’t
familiar with the drug and kept refusing. A nurse that had worked at Moffitt
finally convinced him to do so. About this time I decided I needed to go to
Moffitt.
So after getting my sprycel I got an appointment with Dr Balducci at Moffitt.
Sprycel put me in remission for 4 years and then developed a mutant. The newest
thing out was Ponatinib and he put me in that. It put me back in remission in 3
Months. But on this drug my right side pain became unbearable and my onc put me
on oxycodone. I had every test available if they ant find  cause of the pain so
my only choice is to treat the pain.
Then the pain in my right pinky started and went to my elbow waking me up at
night in terrible pain. Sometimes burning in my feet and pain also.
Dr Balducci has retired and I now have his colleague Dr Martine Extermann but
only met with her once.
I am just trying to work through this pain and keep active when I can.
Faith and pills is my motto. I will be 80 soon. My daughter is giving me a pool
party with all family. 5 children 14 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren.
I am so blessed.
I lost my hubby of 42 years in 1998 from diabetes and heart problems.
Thanks for uplifting me and keep up the good work. I pray for your body to
heal.
Blessing

My Motto:
Faith and Pills