Hi Jo-Ann,

We have been using the Shado MX CMS from Straker Interactive for a similar
job. Its ability to model the organisation then set up templates, roles,
users etc within that organisational model means it is well suited to a
devolved educational institution where different parts of the organisation
have different requirements but you still need to keep some overall
control. The system is being used by us (University of Hertfordshire - UK),
London Metropolitan University - UK and Aukland University - NZ. For more
details check out:

 http://www.straker.co.nz/

Tom Short.

At 02:06 05/11/02 -0800, you wrote:

>I am wondering if someone from a medium sized college (6,000 students,
>community college preferred) has any suggestions for a relatively
>inexpensive, easy to use CMS.  As with most CMS, it appeared from my
>research that they are not very well suited for colleges where many,
>many
>people are responsible for their own sites/content.  Any advice would be
>most appreciated.
>

>Jo-Ann Pelletier
>
>Director, Information Technology Services
>
>Bristol Community College
>
>Fall River, MA

Tom Short,
Director of Corporate e-Business Development,
University of Hertfordshire,
College Lane,
Hatfield,
Hertfordshire,