> >QA: dev/staging/production transitions
>
> There is no such thing as a QA workflow. At least I've never
> came across
> to it. Furthermore this is a Workflow commonly used on software
> development, hardly one useful when managing Minutes for example. As
> I've said QA is assuring that you do that you say you do, or can be
> viewed assuring compliance to requirements.

Well, depends on your definition of "quality assurance." In our case, part
of that is assurance that all documents have certain metadata attached to
them - so we've built a workflow that won't let a user transition a document
from state A to state B if some of that meta information is missing.

Adam Gaffin
Executive Editor, Network World Fusion
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / (508) 490-6433 / http://www.nwfusion.com
"I programmed my robotic dog to bite the guy who delivers the electronic
mail." -- Kibo
--
http://cms-list.org/
trim your replies for good karma.