From: Nuno Lopes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 6:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [cms-list] Re: Are there ways to measure...

Hi all.

1) For those who argue that is almost impossible to get metrics that
explain the positive impact on the vertices being discussed the question
I ask is would it be possible to make the system work effectively while
achieving the same results without a CMS implementation? I believe that
we all believe answer is no (here is one metric). So basically it for
sure have impact on the results (negative or positive that is another
matter).

2) Now, are this metrics are useful to compare two CMS's? I believe that
they are not. The metrics required to compare CMS's are different then
the metrics to analyze the impact of a CMS's within a business context.
The metrics should found by comparing technical abilities and vendor
strength as it as been.

That is why I believe that the work of Pascal may bring some innovative
thinking by addressing the first point not the second. If he could at
least find some heuristic and metrics in conjunction with patterns that
could help one finding what kind of information (value list, reports,
etc) that CMS could provide to sustain business decisions out of the box
in an easy to access manner would be of great interest (here is a direct
impact on results).

Rob wrote:

>For those working in an XP or Agile development arena
>this is the test.  If you're business user can't
>define the test that the system must pass then you are
>at liberty to say "it's done" and take the money.  A
>trend we seem to see a lot of in the CMS marketplace.

:)

Rob wrote:

>To say that a product has no directly and objectively
>measurable benefits is to say "don't buy this".

I say:

To say that a product has no directly and objectively
measurable benefits is to say "don't use this".

Best regards,

Nuno Lopes
Independent Consultant

--