Peter,

> Given the competitive nature of the CMS server space I would
> be surprised to see a lot of server-server interoperability
> in the near future.

>>>Agreed. But maybe Open Source products can develop/adopt standards.
That
>>>might put pressure on the commercial companies.

I have been am working on XML schema that define CMS server-server
interoperability for 1 year now.

Any one that wants to have input/help should email me.

I am willing to start a Source-Forge project.  I am willing to Open
Source the Schema/perhaps the interoperability stuff as well.

I am also working in a server-server interoperability system using .NET
Servers (C++/C#/ADO.NET)   The project is going VERY well...I am testing
sending 5,000 - 10,000 messages per second with no visible increase in
memory utilization. (on P-III 1 Gig class machines)

I am looking for someone to help me on a PHP version that will run on
Linux.  The stuff I am working on is ASP/ASP.NET.

My focus is a CMS for Real-Time Financial Applications.    So the web
(HTML) is very low on my interest level these days.

Tony Leotta
Pillar Software, Inc.

--
http://cms-list.org/