Try using join keylength 4

Regards,
Richard Schuh

-----Original Message-----
From: CMSTSO Pipelines Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shimon Lebowitz
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:48 AM
To: CMS-PIPELINES@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: join of similarly keyed records

Hi,
I am working with a file in which each record has a four-character key,
followed by some text.
About 99.8% of the keys are unique, but in the few that are duplicates,
I need to replace ALL of the records that have the duplicate key, with
ONE record, having the common key, followed by the two or more text
fields, with commas between them.

For example, from this data:
aaaa data1
aaab data1
aaac data1
aaac data2
aaac data3
aaad data1
aaad data2
aaae data 1
aaaf data1

I should get this output:
aaaa data1
aaab data1
aaac data1,data2,data3
aaad data1,data2
aaae data 1
aaaf data1

I have tried using UNIQUE SINGLES to send all of the duplicates to a
second pipeline for joining, but I don't see how to only join similarly
keyed records.

Thanks for any help!
Shimon

Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308